My drawing for the Silhouette show has been printed and is ready for phase 2 of color/stippling. Looking forward to the final product!
Silhouette opening March 1, 2013 at 6pm at Blackburn 20|20.
STIPPLE: (verb), -ING (noun, verb, used with object)
1) to paint, engrave or draw by means of dots or small touches
[ORIGIN: 1660-70, Dutch 'stippelen' a frequentative of 'stippen' meaning ' to dot', derivative of ' stip' meaning 'dot']
SILHOUETTE: (noun or verb when used with object)
1) (n.) a two-dimensional representation of the outline of an object, as a cut-out or configurational drawing, uniformly filled in with black, especially a black-paper, miniature cut-out of the outlines of a famous person's face;
2) (n.) the outline or general shape of something;
3) (n.) a dark image outlined against a lighter background;
4) (v.) to show in or as if in silhouette
[ORIGIN: 1790-1800, French à la silhouette after Etienne de Silhouette (1709-67), French finance minister]
This is my timeline of thought; a compilation of reminders, questions, inspiration and current events all which affect my creative energy. This blog intends to help strengthen my creative process and reassure my artistic self of a consistency in thought and familiar topics. [Definitions from Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary]